This is a list of bugs to fix and features to add for Trollmegle. It’s mostly written as a “note to self,” but I’m making it public just in case people want to see what’s on the agenda.
- Fix the problem with messages occasionally being devoured/disconnects occasionally failing. (These bugs are related to one another.)
- Redo the “typing…” code. Perhaps try something closer to what Zingled does, here.
- Redo the “exit chat” routine, to make sure it removes users from the database properly.
Make the logs better-looking
- Greasemonkey typing script (Assigned to Jaws)
- /me actions (— actions —)
- Look into a pinging tool, more powerful way to exit
- “Are you sure you want to exit the page?” prompt
- Display who actually left the chat, add the “left chat” line to the logs
- Secret emotes, code words like The Tumor
- Input own text colors
- Audio “new message” alert
- OOC excluded from logs
- Fix the “new line on press return” thing
- Secret intro message :^)
- Ability to change font (user-end)
- Finishing this list :|
Code Rewrite Notes:
- Change the way that users’ chatting status is stored. Instead of y and n, make it 0 and 1.
- Examine Zingled’s “typing…” code, base your new one on that
- Change the way conversations are terminated.
- Change the way messages are received. (this goes hand-in-hand with the above)